IONE Transformation Coaching
Getting to know yourself, then consciously creating the next moment.
Copyright © IONE Transformation Coaching. All rights reserved.
The client's responsibilty is to:
- be willing to go beyond their comfort zones and step into the unknown for the sake of change
- have a clear idea of a desired outcome or goal
The coaching process is a safe and courageous space in which clients can do the important work of their lives.
Is coaching similiar to therapy, consulting, or mentoring?
- Therapy - deals with healing pain, dysfunction and conflict. Focus is on resolving difficulties from the past to deal with the present in a healthier way.
- Consulting - consultants are hired for their expertise in a specific area. They diagnose problems and implement solutions, usually in an organization.
- Mentoring - a mentor is someone who provides wisdom and guidance based on their own experience. This may include counseling and coaching.
- Coaching - coaching is future focused. The primary objective is on creating strategies for achieving specific goals in one's life. The changes are self-intiated with the coach supporting action, accountability, and follow through.
WHAT IS COACHING?
The International Federation of Coaching defines coaching as "partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today's uncertain and complex environment. Coaches honour the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole."
The coach's responsibilty is to:
- discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
- encourage client self-discovery
- elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- hold the client responsible and accountable